Caliper announced the release of a free Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) map layer for Maptitude 2018 users.
This latest version includes fields with total AADT traffic count, semi-trailer truck count, single-unit truck and bus count, number of through lanes, and road classification.
Annual average daily traffic is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days.
AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
- selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
- analyzing the environmental hazards of sound and pollution related to road transport
The downloaded layer can be added to any Maptitude 2018 map.