MICROMINE announced the release of Geobank 2018, the latest version of its data management solution, is now available for download. Geobank 2018 delivers users improved usability, functionality and performance, with a variety of benefits relevant to both exploration and mining operations.
Commenting on the release, Geobank Product Strategy Manager, Mark Gabbitus, said “Geobank 2018 is the culmination of a lot of hard work by the product and development team to implement new features and improve the user experience.”
“The focus of Geobank 2018 is on usability. We believe that the changes we have made will have a positive impact on our users.”
Some of the new features and enhancements for Geobank 2018 include:
- Geobank UI refresh: Geobank 2018 uses common icons and graphics similar to Microsoft applications, which makes Geobank 2018 look familiar to users
- Global Substitution Parameters: allowing the Database Administrator to define a commonly used Substitution Parameter once and assign it to multiple objects
- Colour Sets: the addition of Colour Sets allows the DBA to define a colour legend once and use it in multiple functions
- Drillhole Traces in Plan View: being able to see the trace (silhouette) of a drillhole in a plan view is a useful data validation tool for data managers
- Folders in the Configuration Manager: this enhancement allows users to manage the Geobank Objects they create more effectively
- Reloading an Object: this allows users to reload the report with new parameters without closing the report down
- Graphic Reports: including numerous features to improve the user experience when designing or editing Graphic Reports.
The new Sub-report feature also allows Geobank Users to easily batch plot multiple drillholes in one go. In addition to these new features, Geobank 2018 also addresses a number of bug fixes and issues which will aid in improving the overall usability of the product. “These changes will assist to increase efficiency and save time, allowing users to spend more time on analysing and drawing insights from the data, which is the overall objective” said Gabbitus.