GeoCue Group announced the latest release of LP360. LP360 is a powerful and popular desktop exploitation software for point cloud data from LIDAR and SfM (Structure from Motion, point clouds produced from small unmanned aerial systems imagery). LP360 is available as a standalone application and as an extension to ArcGIS®. This release (2017.1) includes many feature updates as well as new tools aimed at improving LP360’s Feature Editing capabilities.
LP360 2017.1 includes a new Feature Edit Toolbar, with tools to enable the display, creation and advanced 3D editing of vector features. With these tools, users can perform on-the-fly 3D editing including automatic assignment of Z values to vertices by probing point cloud data. The toolbar also includes tools for simplifying features as well as reshaping, splitting, respacing and reversing geometry. New Feature Analyst tools allow users to view and edit the attributes of features and perform automated analysis such as downstream compliance for hydro modeling, steep slope detection for stockpile toes and acute angle removal for smoothing water body polygons.
Along with these new edit/analysis tools, we have added a number of other functions as well as updated many existing capabilities of LP360. Among these are:
- New Spatial Reference System Reproject/Shift/Scale LAS Point Cloud Task. This tool is particularly useful for removing elevation bias caused by incorrect focal length in sUAS projects.
- New Grid Generator Point Cloud Task for creating project layouts and conducting grid-based QC
- Enhanced performance of the automatic stockpile toe extraction point cloud task
- The automatic Rail Centerline Extractor can now span at-grade crossings
- A new option that allows reprojection of control and check points during import
- Capability to Classify points at any display resolution
- Point selection is displayed across all views during classification
- Smoothing option for removing noise from sUAS generated contours
- New Export by LAS File option in Export Wizard allows easy upgrades of LAS data to version 1.4 including full WKT encoding of horizontal and vertical spatial reference systems
- Breakline Enforcement button shortcut on main menu allows quick visualization of surface models with incorporated mass point, linear and polygonal breaklines
- Snapping to Vertices and Lines for selection/editing
Each copy of LP360 includes both a Windows standalone and an ArcGIS extension license. Customers who have LP360 on current maintenance will be able to update to the new release by using the “LP360 – Check for updates” tool in LP360.