Handheld Group announced the new NAUTIZ X9: an ultra-rugged enterprise handheld built for fieldwork in the most challenging outdoor or industrial environments. The new Nautiz X9 Android handheld is targeted for industrial and field applications where reliability is critical and ruggedness is key. Offering a complete and unique set of features, the fully rugged Nautiz X9 can be used as a mobile computer, data collector or field controller.
The fully rugged Nautiz X9 offers:
• A quad-core processor and easy-to-use Android 7 (Nougat) OS.
• GPS/GLONASS capabilities standard.
• Optional high-quality, high-speed 2D imager.
• Dual cameras including 13-megapixel rear-facing with autofocus and flash, and 2-megapixel front-facing.
• 4G/LTE Android phone functionality.
• Google GMS for Google Maps navigation and Play Store app access.
• A sunlight-readable 5-inch capacitive display with multi-touch sensitivity.
• IP67 ruggedness rating for waterproof, dust-tight performance.
The Nautiz X9 is designed for use in the most challenging outdoor and industrial environments. This rugged PDA is MIL-STD 810G tested for drops, vibrations, humidity, extreme temperatures and varying altitudes. Handheld’s newest device has a fast 1.3 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB Flash. And the 4800 mAh battery will run for a full shift, even with heavy use.
“Adding the Nautiz X9 to our family of products reflects our commitment to bringing truly rugged field devices to market,” says Johan Hed, Handheld Group director of product management. “The Nautiz X9 also extends our wide Android offerings, which have been in increasingly high demand. GMS certification is an extra feature not always included in enterprise devices, but it has proved to be invaluable for our customers, giving them access to the full suite of Google applications. The reliability and toughness of the Nautiz X9 will bring great value to field users worldwide.”