LiDAR is a remote sensing technology that measures distance by illuminating a target with a laser and analyzing the reflected light. This book introduces the fundamentals of LiDAR remote sensing, LiDAR data processing and analysis methods and applications of LiDAR in forestry and vegetation mapping, urban environments, and geosciences. It includes 11 hands-on projects with step-by-step instructions and many up-to-date studies, and can be used as a textbook or reference in fields related to those listed above.
- Offers a comprehensive overview of LiDAR technology with numerous applications in geography, forestry and earth science
- Gives necessary theoretical foundations from all pertinent subject matter areas
- Uses case studies and best practices to point readers to tools and resources
- Provides a synthesis of ongoing research in the area of LiDAR remote sensing technology
- Includes carefully selected illustrations and data from the authors' research projects