Schneider Electric announced the release of ArcFM Editor XI. ArcFM Editor XI builds on the proven value of ArcFM by providing increased productivity, data validation, network analysis and enhanced editing tools for both the electric and gas GIS editors. ArcFM Editor XI will extend the core Esri gas and electric utility network data models with unique domain-specific ArcFM capabilities – all of this built on the new foundation of the ArcGIS Utility Network Management Extension.
Built specifically in ArcGIS Pro and for Esri’s Utility Network Management Extension, ArcFM Editor XI provides new ways for ensuring the highest quality data and delivers new editing tools for keeping asset and network data at its best. With increased automation and reduced editing times, ArcFM Editor XI makes a GIS editor’s work simpler, streamlined and faster while benefiting downstream systems that rely on the data.
- The ArcFM Data Validation Assistant offers data quality control and error resolution, ensuring your system of record delivers data quality and integrity needed to enable GIS enterprise integrations.
- Quick insights through advanced network intelligence, tracing and inquiry tools for both gas and electric networks.
- A new ArcFM Visual Editing tool that provides a more simplified workflow, improving overall editing efficiency for both electric and gas operable devices.
- Customizable tasks and pre-configured maps for quick job sketching and commissioning.
- A new ArcFM Construction tool that extends feature template editing by providing automatic phase attribute edits.
- The ArcFM Data Model, extended from Esri’s utility network model, has been optimized for high fidelity data and phase based tracing.
ArcFM Editor XI streamlines the Utility Network Management Extension’s editing requirements and enhances its editing framework with utility-specific workflows. To experience this firsthand, we offer a Building Your ArcFM XI Pilot program. This program enables customers to better prepare, budget, and reduce risk as they migrate to the Utility Network Management Extension.
“The Utility Network is the single biggest change to the system of record that we’ve seen in 18 years,” said Jay Stinson, general manager at Schneider Electric. “What’s especially valuable about ArcFM Editor XI and the entire ArcFM Solution XI Series is that they can immediately impact the speed and ease of work now, while bridging customers to the Utility Network according to their schedule, budget and scope. This flexibility gives utilities the freedom to take advantage of new tools and capabilities today while knowing they will be supported as they make the transformation to a digital utility in the years ahead.”
Schneider Electric’s time-tested partnership with Esri led to the close collaboration and development of ArcFM Editor XI. “We are excited that our long-time, strategic partner is releasing its next version of ArcFM on ArcGIS Pro and the Utility Network. ArcGIS and ArcFM provide a proven solution that utilities around the world have used for many years to support their most essential business functions,” said Jack Dangermond, President, Esri. “These new innovations from Schneider Electric and Esri bring even more reliability and capability to our users.”
ArcFM Editor XI is the cornerstone of the ArcFM Solution XI Series, an ecosystem of applications focused on streamlining the design and construction workflow enabling utilities to get work done more efficiently. ArcFM Designer XI, ArcFM Web XI and ArcFM Mobile XI fill out the rest of the ecosystem offering the most comprehensive utility GIS solution available today. The result – streamlined workflows, minimized use of paper and a reduced work backlog equipping utilities to address the challenges facing today’s digital utility.