The organizers of SPAR 3D Expo & Conference announced the keynote speakers. The event, newly co-located with AEC Next Technology Expo + Conference takes place June 5-7 in Anaheim, California. Six Keynote Sessions with thought leaders from NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, BP, Intel, Gensler, NVIDIA, Bechtel, Shell TechWorks and DP Construction focus on the use of 3D technology in the AEC industries
“We’re very excited about the impressive lineup of keynote speakers. The breadth and quality of these speakers promises to provide comprehensive perspective of the latest products and innovations from the 3D reality capture market as well as AEC industry best practices," says Bill Emison, Conference Chair
The Keynote presentations from day to day:
Tuesday, June 5:
- The Telescope of Tomorrow will be presented by Alexander Menzies, Deputy Lead OpsLab at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. This presentation will focus on a new era of discovery that will reshape how we think.
- Then The Cognitive Facility – “Operating in the Future” or the Many Worlds Interpretation of Operations will be presented by Dave Truch, Technology Director, Digital Innovation Organization at BP. He will discuss the future of the digital world for the full asset lifecycle.
- Next, 2D/3D Visualization with Digital Twin will be delivered by Baptiste Tripard, General Manager, Intel Insight at Intel Corporation. He’ll discuss how asset digitization and 2D/3D visualization can make for more efficient business planning, collaboration, and reporting.
Wednesday, June 6
- Creativity & Constructability in AEC will be presented by Ken Sanders, Managing Principal at Gensler and Jack Dahlgren, Senior Project Manager at NVIDIA. The duo will explore how new and innovative technology - paired with human experience - is shaping the future of design.
Thursday, June 7
- David Wilson, Chief Innovation Officer at Bechtel and Angie Ackroyd, Manager System Analysis at Shell TechWorks, will start the day with Challenges of Change: Project 2020 and the Jobsite of the Future. Their talk will focus on how we can integrate technology and data into the workflow to improve performance for customers and experiences for teams.
- Finally, Atul Khanzode, Chief Information Officer at DPR Construction, will wrap up the Keynote sessions with Integrated Projects – A Vision for the Future. Atul will discuss how the integration of people, processes, and technology is transforming the AEC industries.
Bill went on to say, "These leaders will provide their perspective on the future of engineering design complimented by innovative 3D capture technologies allowing AEC workers to operate more safely and efficiently while saving valuable project hours.”
The SPAR 3D full conference program has more than 40 speakers in the line-up and the AEC Next full conference program will bring over 90 speakers to the stage, giving attendees a plethora of educational opportunities.
Registration is still open for the conference. 3D technology and AEC professionals are encouraged to register in advance to avoid waiting in long lines and save $55 on a Full Conference or All Access Pass compared to onsite prices.
About AEC Co-Location
SPAR 3D Expo and Conference 2018 will be co-located with the inaugural edition of AEC Next Technology Expo + Conference. Together, the event will feature thought leaders from around the globe in two distinct conference programs. Exhibits will be integrated into one large exhibit hall allowing all attendees full access to all vendors. Networking events and multiple live-demonstrations areas including AR/VR interactive environments, a hologram vault, immersive environment dome, demo theater presentations, and more will also be available to all attendees. Attendees will have the option to select an AEC Next or SPAR 3D conference pass or an all-access pass to attend both.
"I'm very excited about the combined 2018 SPAR 3D and AEC Next,” says Bill. “This unique conference collaboration allows attendees to learn about emerging hardware & software technologies applied to AEC project work - providing them with a deep understanding of the entire project lifecycle, from data capture to construction completion.”