GRAPHISOFT has announced the release of ARCHICAD 23, the latest version of its award-winning BIM software solution. ARCHICAD 23 vastly improves perceived performance of essential processes such as software startup, file opening, working in multi-project environments and switching between different views of the BIM project. The brand-new Opening, Column and Beam tools increase modeling accuracy and interoperability with engineering disciplines.
“Everyday tasks such as firing up your software and switching between projects or views in a specific project may end up being the very roadblocks to achieving the flow, which is the ideal state for architectural design,” says Peter Temesvari, Director, Product Management at GRAPHISOFT. “We removed these roadblocks, putting the architect more firmly in the driver’s seat, with the software responding to the way architects think and work. ARCHICAD 23’s increased responsiveness is truly remarkable!”
What’s new in ARCHICAD 23:
- Performance improvements: ARCHICAD 23 puts a special emphasis on offering an uninterrupted flow starting from launching the software, accessing project data and navigating one’s way through the Building Information Model. This is achieved through a combination of raw performance optimization, streamlined workflows and reduced file sizes.
- Re-engineered Column and Beam tools: ARCHICAD 23 enables architects to model faster and create accurate construction details and quantity estimations for reinforced concrete, complex steel, timber, and composite beams and columns. Complex columns and curved, haunched and castellated beams can now be modeled and documented to meet graphic and representation standards. Beams and columns can be displayed using various projected and symbolic views and cover fills.
- Voids, Niches, and Recesses: ARCHICAD 23 introduces a new Opening tool dedicated to model and coordinate project design voids, recesses and niches — as horizontal, vertical or slanted openings across elements, element groups or even across stories. Such openings are important for project coordination as they are equally relevant for architects, engineers and consultants and must be documented by architects and by engineers. Openings can be modeled, scheduled, and documented using intuitive tools, and shared using open IFC standards.
- Renewed Solibri connection: ARCHICAD 23 enables seamless code- and constructability checking at any stage of the design. The updated add-on automatically detects and sends only those elements that are changed in the ARCHICAD model, resulting in faster round-trip collaboration.
- Enhanced dRofus connection: ARCHICAD 23 allows architects to capture and organize client planning requirements and use these to validate and propose design alternatives. The dRofus database enables designers to collect and handle planning rules and design data with ease, even when working on large and complex projects, like hospitals, airports and universities.
- Rhino-Grasshopper-ARCHICAD live connection: The new Grasshopper Deconstruct Component can be used to extract ARCHICAD element surface data as a design reference. With the help of this function, changes to the core design scheme in BIM will automatically update all linked design details generated via design algorithms in Grasshopper.